I love making things that I used to buy in a store with everyday ingredients. I say all the time I wish I had know about essential oils when my kiddos were little because life would have been much happier and better smelling! It’s been many years since I had little kids around, but now that I have a grandbaby who is a toddler this is a perfect activity!
She loves to smell oils and this is a fun way to get the benefits of the oils while having fun! our favorite smells are wild orange and lavender.
2 cups flour
2 cups colored water
1 cup salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
5 drops of essential oils
- Combine all ingredients, except for essential oils, in a large saucepan and stir until combined.
- Once combined, put over medium heat. Using a spatula, continue to stir ingredients together until it forms a ball. Note: Don’t overcook as it will lead to dry play dough.
- Remove from heat and cool on parchment paper.
- Once cool, add five drops of your favorite essential oil and knead until thoroughly combined.
- You’re done! Just store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for months of fun.
Do you want to learn more essential oils? Check out this gorgeous ebook that covers the basics of using them and why choosing pure oils is so important!