These easy-to-make breakfast pastries are as delicious as they are beautiful! Fruit and cream cheese danish are ideal for relaxed weekend mornings, Sunday brunch, and I bet your mom would love these on Mother’s Day!
One of my favorite things to add to anything with berries it a little drop of Lemon Essential Oil. To me lemon and berries go hand in hand make the freshness of the berries burst with goodness. Be mindful thought to only use essential oils that are tested for purity and you know for sure have not been adulterated with synthetics. This gorgeous free ebook explains the difference and why using pure essential oils is so important.
- 1 box of puff pastry dough (2 sheets), thawed
- 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Lime zest from one whole lime
- 2–1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
- Fresh strawberries, stems removed and cut in half
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, for brushing
- Sanding sugar
- Optional garnish: additional lime zest
- 2 drop Lemon Essential Oil
- Adjust your oven rack to the center position. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Unfold the thawed puff pastry sheets on a lightly-floured board. With a large 4.5-inch biscuit cutter, cut out 4 rounds of dough from each piece. Lightly score the rounds with a slightly-smaller biscuit cutter or drinking glass. Transfer the puff pastry rounds to baking sheets lined with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Gather together the remaining scraps of dough. Roll out the dough and create two or three more danish pastry circles. Add those to the baking sheets.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the cream cheese, sour cream, granulated sugar, lime juice, lime zest, and vanilla extract. Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated and the consistency is smooth and creamy. Place two tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each puff pastry circle. Using the backside of a spoon, spread it out, leaving a 1/4-inch rim.
- Arrange blueberries on half of the rounds. Artistically arrange strawberries on the rest of the batch.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes, or until the rims of the puff pastry desserts are lightly golden brown.
- Allow the cheese danish to relax on the baking sheets and cool down to room temperature. If desired, add a light sprinkling of lime zest to the middle of the strawberry breakfast pastries.
- Serve with coffee, milk, orange juice or tea.
These simple and super buttery little pastries are so good and look gorgeous. These are perfect for any special occasion or just to treat yourself!