If you’ve been following along with the the last few months, you may have caught my theme of personal growth. Back in March we learned how to prepare our “soil” in the garden in our heart by removing the trash, twigs and weeds that take can take over when left unattended. In April, we took some intentions into our hearts and planted them within with hopes that we will grow in an area of ourselves that we may be lacking. I personally chose to grow some acceptance after I worked hard on removing some disappointments.
Now, this month we continue on by looking at how do we nurture these “seeds”? What types of things will act as sunshine and water for the precious intentions we have cultivated in our spirits?
One of my favorite ways to work with the energy of nurturing is to really tap into the divine feminine energy.
Divine feminine energy is of receptivity and stillness. Divine feminine energy is of non-doing. Obviously this is very much NOT me.
Feminine energy dwells in the shadows and is connected the the lunar energy. Feminine energy is the receptive side of us that is softer, slower, still, and welcoming of ideas and thoughts.
I am trying to slow down in general especially on the days where I do not have to be doing and going. I think that society glorifies busy and burnout and I am working towards the still, peaceful moments that connect me to a deeper part of myself.
I am also attempting to tap more into my intuition which is another aspect to living more in the divine energy flow of life. Having daily rituals is important to stay connected to this energy. I have become a master at self care rituals which include bubble baths and time alone in the garden. I normally do some version of both every day. I also make it a point to wake early and spend some quiet time alone. These little moments in my busy day help to keep the divine feminine energy there, but it is something I realize I need to connect with more as I am in constant motion. Stillness is very, very hard for me.
This month in my personal practice as well as my teachings, I intend to move on my mat in ways that nurture this energy. Coming into flowing and graceful movements while then holding postures in stillness and looking inward. Slowing down my body on the mat to lean into the stillness within will transfer to my life which is the true purpose of yoga.
Also part of my slowing down softening the edges of myself, and being more intuitive and intentional about things includes using aromatherapy. I love to use essential oils to help the process of connecting. It sounds crazy, but essential oils and plant therapy have been used for centuries in various forms and during rituals. Most modern medicine is derived from the properties of plants and I love using the purest form of the plant.
In my experience, the higher noted citrus oils or flower-scented oils offer a strong connection to the divine feminine.
A quick google search gave me some amazing suggested oils to begin my deeper exploration..
Once you have experimented with scents and their effects, you may like to also integrate yoga and crystals into your practices to tap into the divine feminine. It took me some experimenting to find what I love, and what I need.
Suggested Essential Oils for Awakening the Divine Feminine:
- Bergamot — The oil of self-acceptance and self-love. Also promotes self-confidence and the knowing that you are enough.
- Geranium — The oil of love and trust. Geranium helps us forgive, become more tolerant and gentle. It eases heavyhearted emotions and feelings of abandonment.
- Lavender — Oil of Balance. If all else fails, this oil is one of the most versatile. If you’re up and not grounded, lavender is the anchor. Conversely, if you’re down, lavender is the sunshine to shift the clouds.
- Ylang Ylang —The oil to release. This oil helps us feel playful, free, intuitive and emotionally connected. Ylang Ylang helps us release bottled up emotions. This plant also opens up our playful side and inner child.
- Clary Sage — The oil of clarity and vision. This beautiful oil helps develop spiritual clarity, intuition and open-mindedness. It teaches us how to use our divinely given feminine gifts. It also helps balance hormones.
- Rose-The oil of divine love. It supports you as a queen and symbolises pure divine universal love. Rose dissolves fear and awakens our inner goddess. Rose helps us feel more compassionate, tenderhearted and accepting, drawing out those feminine qualities. Rose allows us to choose to receive divine love.
Here is a fun fact— rose is so expensive because it is sourced from a large volume of rose petals, ideally harvested at dawn, to extract out the pure oil. Crazy, huh?
- Cedarwood — Oil of Community. Cedarwood inspires the feeling of belonging and assists the heart in opening to receive the love and support of other people.”
- Magnolia — Oil of Compassion. Magnolia encourages all individuals on a profoundly spiritual level to interact without causing pain or suffering and to refrain from seeing others as somehow less than oneself.
- Manuka — Oil of Being Upheld. Manuka offers energetic safety and shielding from the intense problems all around that individuals feel powerless to change
- Thyme — Oil of Releasing & Forgiving. This herbal essential oil is beautiful for becoming more openhearted and understanding. Thyme “assists in addressing trapped feelings which have been buried for a long time.”
Ideally when we use essential oils to support feminine energy, we are looking to feel all the feelings we’ve likely been suppressing–self love, acceptance, intuition, and the softness of our spirit.
Using these oils will gently soften and bring out the feminine side of you. They are a lovely way to self empower and value add to any self-care activity you are undertaking to better your life and mindset. I love to make a roller blend with these oils during this month to tap into the feelings of nurturing my divine feminine and start to really give the seeds in my heart that I’ve been working on planting the last month or so.
I have a gorgeous free ebook that walks you through the use of essential oils in everyday life for your family. Whether you opt for the more energetic and emotional uses or the practical everyday remedies, you can check it out here.
Follow me for more goodness!